Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. Because we gather certain types of information about the members of Travel4Rutland Car Share, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions of how we may collect, disclose and use that information. This privacy statement explains what information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
Rutland County Council and Jambusters Ltd may collect and disclose data in accordance with this privacy statement and you expressly consent to any use or disclosure of your personal identification and other personal information in accordance with this privacy statement by Rutland County Council and Jambusters Ltd.
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Rutland County Council and Jambusters Ltd who own and provide this Web Site. The Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services therein.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- means collectively the personal information used by Users to access Material and/or any communications System on the Web Site;
- means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
- means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that we make available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
- means any online communications infrastructure that we make available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- "User" / "Users"
- means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by us and acting in the course of their employment; and
- "Web Site"
- means the website that you are currently using and any sub-domains or equivalent domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 gender;
- 2.3 place of work;
- 2.4 vehicle registration
- 2.5 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 2.6 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 2.7 information relating to your travel habits;
- 2.8 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2.9 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 2.10 operating system (automatically collected);
- 2.11 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
3. Our Use of Data
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by us for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site.
- 3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- 3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when
using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 3.4.1 internal record keeping;
- 3.4.2 statistical analysis
- 3.4.3 improvement of our products / services;
- 3.4.4 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you; and
- 3.4.5 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email or telephone. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
5. Third Parties
Due to the existing legal and regulatory environment, neither Rutland County Council nor Jambusters Ltd can ensure that your personally identifiable information or your private communications will not be disclosed to third parties. For example (and without limiting the foregoing), either Rutland County Council or Jambusters Ltd may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Further, both Rutland County Council and Jambusters Ltd can (and you hereby authorise Rutland County Council and Jambusters Ltd to) disclose registration data or any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as either Rutland County Council or Jambusters Ltd, at their discretion, believes necessary or appropriate. Therefore, neither Rutland County Council nor Jambusters Ltd promises, and you should not expect, that personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
6. Controlling Access to your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data.
This may include the following:
- 6.1.1 use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- 6.1.2 sharing Data with third parties.
- 6.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
- 7.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
8. Accessing your own Data
- 8.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- 8.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
Rutland County Council, Travel4Rutland Car Share and Jambusters Ltd may conduct member surveys to better understand the needs of members in order to improve the website. We may share the aggregated demographic information of these surveys with our partners. We never share any information with a third party about specific individuals without that member's express consent.
Travel4Rutland Car Share does not capture or store any personal information about individuals who browse this website, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email, phone call or an online form to enquire or apply for any of our services.
- 10.1 Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online. In the case of the Travel4Rutland Car Share system, data security is provided by a third party who will store data securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation.
11. Changes to this Policy