Terms and Conditions for users of the web site
The Travel4Rutland Car Share Scheme provides a car sharing information service with the aim of enabling Members to make contact with each other for the purpose of sharing their vehicles thereby reducing the number of single passenger car journeys.
Rutland County Council provides this service to assist in travelling arrangements entered into by participating individuals but cannot accept responsibility for the information provided by nor the actions of those participating in the scheme. Any individuals who elect to participate in the scheme accept that they do so at their own risk.
This Agreement applies between Users of this Web Site and Members of the Travel4Rutland Car Share Scheme together with Rutland County Council and Jambusters Ltd. Your agreement to comply with, and be bound by, this Agreement is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Web Site.
In this Agreement, below terms shall have the following definitions:
- "Business Day"
- means every day except a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday.
- "Car Share"
- means the practice of two or more people sharing a car from one destination to another.
- "Collection Point"
- means the place where a driver and a passenger agree to meet at the start of their journey.
- "Collection Time"
- means the time agreed between a driver and a passenger for collection at the Collection Point.
- "Company means Rutland County Council"
- means the owner and administrator of the Travel4Rutland Car Share Scheme.
- means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on, or forms part of, this Web Site.
- means a Member of the Scheme who has agreed to drive other Members in a vehicle he or she is lawfully permitted to use.
- "Travel4Rutland Car Share"
- means the Travel4Rutland Car Share scheme, which is an initiative of Rutland County Council.
- "Jambusters Limited"
- means The provider of the web-based car sharing facility and information service to Rutland County Council and the members of The Travel4Rutland Car Share Scheme via the "web site".
- means a registered member of the Scheme.
- means a Member of the Scheme who has agreed to be a passenger in the vehicle of another Member who has agreed to be a Driver.
- means the Travel4Rutland Car Share scheme, which is an initiative of Rutland County Council.
- means A person who visits this Web Site on one or more occasions.
- "Web Site"
- means http://www.Travel4Rutland.co.uk
2. Intellectual Property
- 2.1 All the contents of this site and downloads from it are licensed directly by Rutland County Council, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved. By continuing to use this Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable laws.
- 2.2 You are responsible for obeying all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to make copies of this website as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of it and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other use is strictly prohibited without the express permission of Rutland County Council, except where sub-clause 2.3 below applies.
- 2.3 Content of this Web Site may be re-used without express permission of Rutland County Council where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
- 2.4 Travel4Rutland and the Travel4Rutland logo belong to Rutland County Council Travel4Rutland Car Share. You may not frame this site nor link to a page other than the home page without our express permission.
3. Links to Other Web Sites
- 3.1 This Web Site may contain links to other web sites. Unless expressly stated, these web sites are not under the control of Rutland County Council. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss, injury or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another web site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the web site itself or of those in control of it.
4. Links to this Web Site
- 4.1 Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other web sites may do so only to the home page of this Web Site without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within this Web Site) requires the express permission of Rutland County Council.
6. Data Protection
- 6.1 All personal information will be treated in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. The only personal details that will be viewed by potential car sharers are [forename, gender and place of work]. The Travel4Rutland Car Share Scheme Administrators will have access to the personal details that you enter, but these will only be used for statistical analysis and administration duties. Jambusters Limited will also have access to this information for administration and statistical purposes only, and the data will be treated confidentially. No personal information will be passed on to third parties.
Rutland County Council make no warranty or representation that this Web Site will:
- 7.1.1 meet your requirements;
- 7.1.2 be fit for a particular purpose; or
- 7.1.3 be compatible with all systems.
- 7.2 No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind, including participating in the Travel4Rutland Car Share Scheme.
- 7.3 Rutland County Council gives no guarantee that Members will find a compatible Driver or Passenger and as such our inability to match Members will not be considered reason for compensation.
- 7.4 Personal security is the responsibility of each individual Member, and Rutland County Council do not accept responsibility for the actions of the Scheme's Members.
- 7.5 Members are not vetted in anyway or asked to disclose any criminal convictions spent or unspent.
- 7.6 No warranty is given whatsoever as to the road worthiness or otherwise of any vehicles.
- 7.7 No warranty is given as to the validity or otherwise of Members' motor insurance policies
- 7.8 The information contained in this Web Site is not comprehensive and despite every effort, it may not be accurate, up-to-date or applicable to the circumstances of any particular case. Rutland County Council cannot accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions (other than for fraudulent misrepresentation) in this Web Site, and any decisions you make based on information contained in this Web Site are your sole responsibility.
- 7.9 Travel4Rutland Car Share cannot guarantee the accuracy or validity of any information provided by other members of the scheme and it is the responsibility of each Member to take all reasonable safety and security precautions whilst participating in the Scheme.
- 7.1 Rutland County Council make no warranty or representation that this Web Site will:
8. Availability of this Web Site
- 8.1 This service is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis.
- 8.2 Rutland County Council accept no liability whatsoever for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to: Internet Service Provider equipment failure; host equipment failure; communications network failure; power failure; fire; flood; violent storm; pestilence; explosion; malicious damage; armed conflict; acts of terrorism; nuclear, biological or chemical warfare; natural events; or any other natural or man-made disaster.
9. Limitation of Liability
- 9.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, Rutland County Council accept no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, injury (physical or psychological) or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this Web Site or from participation in the Scheme. Members should be aware that they use this Web Site and participate in the Scheme at their own risk.
- 9.2 Nor will Rutland County Council be held responsible for the truth, accuracy or content of any material posted through the site or of any external sites to which it may include links. Travel4Rutland Car Share does not guarantee the availability, existence, suitability or sufficiency of participants, vehicles, routes or insurance arrangements.
- 9.3 According to the extent permitted by law, you release Travel4Rutland Car Share, Rutland County Council and Jambusters Ltd and their employees and contractors from all liability arising out of, or in connection with, the Travel4Rutland Car Share service.
Under this Agreement, Drivers shall:
- 10.1.1 hold a full, valid United Kingdom driving licence;
- 10.1.3 hold a valid M.O.T certificate for the vehicle concerned; and
- 10.1.4 Produce the documentation referred to in 10.1.1, 10.1.2 and 10.1.3 to Passengers on request.
Under this Agreement, Passengers shall:
- 10.2.1 refrain from eating and drinking (or smoking by agreement) whilst in the vehicle concerned;
- 10.2.3 make a contribution towards fuel costs at a rate and time agreed between you.
Under this Agreement, all Members shall:
- 10.3.1 agree a mutually convenient Collection Point and Collection Time;
- 10.3.2 arrive at the Collection Point at the agreed Collection Time;
- 10.3.4 refrain from telephoning other Members during unsociable hours; and
- 10.3.5 be at least 18 years of age.
- 10.4 Membership is at the discretion of Rutland County Council and no reason will be given, or correspondence entered into, if an application for membership is refused or cancelled.
- 10.5 Members may cancel their membership at anytime.
- 10.1 Under this Agreement, Drivers shall:
Under this Agreement, personal security is the responsibility of each individual member and:
- 11.1 Travel4Rutland Car Share cannot accept responsibility for the actions of its members or for disputes between members. We cannot accept responsibility for physical injury, emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury resulting from members car sharing.
- 11.2 You are under no obligation to get into a car with, or offer a lift to, other Travel4Rutland Car Share members. You do so entirely at your own risk and assessment of that risk.
- 11.3 Travel4Rutland Car Share does not vet members and membership of Travel4Rutland Car Share does not imply any reference on the Company's part of the member's character or mental state, past or present. Similarly the Company makes no request from applicants regarding any criminal record they may have.
- 11.4 You must notify Travel4Rutland Car Share of any unfavourable incidents experienced with other members remembering to give as much detail including their name and contact details.
- 11.5 By applying for membership of Travel4Rutland Car Share applicants are giving Travel4Rutland Car Share permission to give their name and contact details to other members to enable them to contact the applicant.
12. No Waiver
- 12.1 In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy in the future.
- 13.1 All notices and communications should be e-mailed to the Travel4Rutland Car Share Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notice will be deemed received on the day of sending if the e-mail is received in full on a Business Day and on the next Business Day if the e-mail is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
14. Use of any hyperlink
15. Law and Jurisdiction
- 15.1 This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- 15.2 Your use of this website and downloads from it, and the operation of these terms and conditions, shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of this website.
- 15.3 In the event that any or any part of the terms contained in these terms and conditions shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.